Peer Reviewed Articles
1) “My Blessed Child Doesn’t Need to Know About That: How Should Sexual Health Educators Confront the Challenge of Religious Pluralism in Working with Individuals Who Have Intellectual Disabilities?” Ethics, Medicine, and Public Health, Volume 5, April-June 2018, pages 8-17. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352552518300197
2) “Sexual Intimacy, Social Justice, and Severe Disabilities: Should Fair Equality of Opportunity in Health Extend to Surrogate Partner Therapy?” The Journal of Philosophy, Science, & Law: Special Disability Issue, Volume 14, Issue 3, July 2, 2014, pages 4-15.
Non-Peer Reviewed Commentaries in Academic Journals
1) “Is Disney Disabling?” Disability & Society, Volume 33, Issue 8, 2018, pages 1366-1371. DOI: 10.1080/09687599.2018.1498573. https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/nQHgEAmnQf2MezSMFrkM/full
2) “Ableism, Ambiguity, and the Anna Stubblefield Case” Disability & Society, Volume 32, Issue 10, 2017, pages 1666-1670. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09687599.2017.1356058
Chapters in Edited Collections and Textbooks
1) “Guests with Autism and Reasonable Accommodations at Disney” ch. 21 in Business Cases in Ethical Focus, Broadview Press, 2019, pages 179-189. Purchase Here
2) “Accommodating Dory, but Disempowering Dopey? Dilemmas of Disability in Disney Animated Films, from Snow White to Finding Dory” ch. 6 in Disney and Philosophy: Truth, Trust, and a Little Bit of Pixie Dust, Blackwell’s Philosophy and Popular Culture series, Wiley-Blackwell Press, 2019, pages 59-69. Purchase Here
Articles for Popular Media
1) “Disney rides thrill me as a wheelchair user. But park changes for disabled visitors ruin the fun” The Los Angeles Times Opinion Section, December 13th, 2019 https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-12-13/disney-parks-disability-suits-wheelchair Also published in print as “Disability and Disney Parks: Not as Magical a Pairing”.
2) “Sexuality in the time of Trump” The Conversation, January 4, 2017 http://theconversation.com/sexuality-in-the-time-of-trump-69608 Reprinted in the San Francisco Chronicle.
PDFs of all publications available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.